Office Hours: I offer appointments during the following times:
- Mondays: 8am – 2pm (Lower Queen Anne)
- Tuesdays: 2:00pm – 9:30pm (Lower Queen Anne)
- Wednesdays: 1pm – 5:30pm (Wallingford)
- Thursdays: 9am – 2pm (Lower Queen Anne) and 5pm – 9:30pm (Wallingford)
Session Length: The most common session length is about 50 minutes, traditionally called a “therapeutic hour.” I offer other session lengths as well, depending on your need, which we can discuss when scheduling your initial appointment.
- Adults, adolescents, and children: Typically 50 minutes
- Couples and families: Typically 75 or 100 minutes
- Groups: Either 90 minutes or four hours
Fees and Payment:
- My fee is $135 per therapeutic hour for individuals, and $145 for couples and families. For longer sessions my fees are prorated accordingly. Group fees are substantially lower and depend on the specific group.
- I offer a limited number of sliding-scale appointments for people who would otherwise be unable to engage in therapy at my regular fee. If you believe this pertains to you please inquire further.
- I accept cash and checks as forms of payment, which is expected at the time that services are provided.
Insurance: Depending on your insurance, I may qualify as an “out-of-network provider,” which could allow you to receive substantial reimbursement for the services that I provide. I am happy to provide you with a monthly invoice, which may assist you in obtaining reimbursement for your out-of-pocket payments. I recommend checking with your carrier before beginning therapy with me if insurance coverage is an important consideration for you, and please ask me if you need assistance with the process or have any questions.
Cancellation Policy: I ask you to provide me with 72 hours notice of cancellation for any appointment that you will not be able to keep or that you desire to reschedule. This allows me sufficient time to offer your appointment time to another person who may be in need of services. I charge the full session fee for no-shows, cancellations, or rescheduling with less than 72 hours notice.
What to Expect During Your First Several Sessions: Therapy is a process that is inherently vulnerable, and it goes deeper as trust is built between us. I fully understand that during the first several sessions, especially, you and I will both be evaluating our “fit” and our ability to engage in meaningful and productive work together. Our first meeting is an opportunity to discuss what brings you into therapy, what some of your hopes and goals may be, any concerns you have, as well as questions you have about me or my way of working.
If you decide to schedule a follow-up appointment at the conclusion of our first meeting, we will continue with the initial assessment process (generally between 1-3 sessions), which allows me to get a deeper sense of what brings you into therapy as well as important information about your background and life circumstances. During these first few sessions I will be open and transparent with you about my thinking and my understanding of your situation, as well as what I believe would likely be helpful in terms of addressing your reasons for seeking therapy.
You are welcome and encouraged to ask questions of me at any point during this process. To find out a little more about my background, Click Here.